Sports 101 is hosted by Mark Gram and Eric Pedigo Sunday mornings 9am - 11am on Sports Radio 1450. It's a discussion-based sports talk show that spans any and all sports. Eric and Mark offer up their opinions, ideas, and observations on all of sports' most intriquing topics. Whether you love it or hate it, agree or disagree, Eric and Mark love to get your take.
So call the show at 217-529-1450 and weigh in on whatever the guys are tossing around.
Birthplace: Springfield, Illinois High School: Quincy High School Loves: Illinois sports, St. Louis Cardinals baseball, reading, and politics
Eric Pedigo Birthplace: Chatham, Illinois High School: Glenwood High School
Eric is a Chatham native and Glenwood graduate. He and his wife Amanda live in Glenarm with their three children. Eric started hosting a sports talk radio show on the internet in 2005. In 2008, he began co-hosting Fantasy Football 101 with Adam Stark, Mark Gram, and Nicorelli. Eric can be heard every Sunday morning from 9-11am on Sports Radio 1450.
Sports 101 Blog.
by Mark Gram,posted Jul 18 2012 8:42PM
Does anyone watch Wimbledon anymore?
Seriously? I can't do it. I've tried. To me, it's like watching paint dry. I understand that there are very good players out there...but they have NO personality!
I guess I'm spoiled by watching McEnroe and Connors in the '70s and '80s. I need more yelling and screaming and berating of chair umpires to keep my interest.
MLB All-Star Game.
Remember the saying, "The Game's the thing?" Obviously, many involved in MLB don't. Instead of looking forward to the last pro All-Star game worth anything, we're subjected to this ongoing fued between former Cardinal manager Tony LaRussa and current Cincinnati manager Dusty Baker.
Baker is whining that LaRussa intentionally slighted Reds P Johnny Cueto by not naming him to the game as a managers pick. LaRussa didn't help himself by saying he decided against naming Cueto because Cueto was scheduled to start on the Sunday prior to the All-Star game. Sounds legit...but alas, that reason is in violation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Ooops, maybe as a pre-game feature we could give LaRussa and Baker boxing gloves and let them go at it for 5 minutes.
By the way, Cardinal 3B David Freese made it on the team over Bryce Harper and Micheal Bourne via fan voting. The next day, Cardinal C Yadier Molina, who was voted in as the backup C, had to opt out of the game due to a family dealth.
While that is not an issue, it seems strange that Cardinal OF Matt Holliday was named as Molina's replacement. Holliday certainly has the #s, but I would have thought that Harper or Bourne would have been the first choices.
- Looking forward to watching Steve Nash at PG for the Lakers. Takes a lot of pressure off of Kobe.
- Ray Allen signing with the Miami Heat just what they need...a veteran that can drain a 3-pointer with regularity.
- New Cub 1st baseman is looking like the shot-in-the-arm Cub fans have needed for a very long time.
- I don't know about you guys, but I'm really looking forward to the Olympics.
- Illinois football under new HC Tim Beckman is just around the corner. Coach Beckman and his staff has done a fine job recruiting.
- Speaking of recruiting, Illini mens BB HC John Groce and his staff has already hit the ground running. The next few weeks I think we'll be excited with the commitments.